Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Got Tagged: More About Kassi


Thanks for tagging me Rickypepper! He wants me to talk more about my favorite subject! Me! Oh, no wait, he wants to know more about my family. They're much less exciting, but okay. My owners were married in 1999 (wow, that's a long time ago!) and they've had me for almost a whole year. Dad was born in Iowa, mom was born in Minnesota, and they've always lived in the midwest. See? Bo-ring! Mom is a graphic designer and book artist and dad is a graphic designer - painter. Actually, his official title is 'Kassi-butler'. They really like art, and wish that dogs were allowed in art museums. They also love to hike, and I'm a great hiker, unless its really hot. We haven't gone camping yet as a group, but I'm excited to try it, especially the sleeping-in-the-tent part. It seems like every weekend that we could be camping involves finishing their kitchen remodel (no, mom, I will not post pictures of your kitchen on my dogblog) and they are very glad its almost over. I liked the old kitchen better -- it was much easier to get at the trash bin, and I could grab bananas right off the old counter and then hide them behind the stove.

I overheard them talking the other day, and was shocked to hear that dad didn't want a dog at all--he wanted a cat! Imagine! How awful for him to be so deluded! Its a good thing mom is allergic to cats. Fortunately he's been reformed.

Before I came to live with mom and dad, I lived with my first family of people/dachsunds, and we had so much fun going to dog shows where we trotted around, and stood quietly, and looked gorgeous, and got lots of treats. And then the ones where we'd go out in the field and look for prey. Paws out to Jack, Carol, Rascal, and the whole gang. I miss you guys, and I miss Rudy too. In the few months I've lived with these new people, I've tasted some wonderful things (hats, shoes, bananas, calvin klein towels, underwear, worms, dead fish...) had one litter of imaginary puppies, and a big surgery to make sure I don't have any more puppies. I've trained my people to take me on at least one walk a day, otherwise, they regret it. And I keep busy -- I'm always suggesting new ways they can decorate the house. So that's about it until my next adventure, let's see... what can I chew today?

6 comments:

Balboa said...

I bet your daddy is happy he got a dog instead of a stinky cat.

WOW 1999? they must be really old like my parents!

Thanks for sharing Kassi,

Frenchie snorts
Balboa

Joe Stains said...

well I thought this was pretty interesting!

Gwyn Valentine said...

Hi Kassi,
Nice facts about your parents!
They must be very creative people as both of them are graphic designers! Well, my mum wanted to get both dog & cat. Good for me to know that i enter the force first. So should the cat come later, that kitty will have to follow my lead!

Love,
Reina

Lorenza said...

Hi, Kassi.
Thanks for sharing about your family! I am sure your parents make great designing works!
I had the same problem as you because my first vet didn't want to spay me! My mom changed to another vet and I got fixed. So, no more problems!
Have a good night
Lorenza

Ricky Pepper said...

Hi Kassi,
We have kitties in our house-I wrestle them into liking me. Your parents sound like super-nifty people and very creative too! That's why your pictures always look so nice. I am sorry about your imaginary puppies. I think that you are much happier now doing your sleepings in the sun!
xoxo,
Ricky

Anonymous said...

Those humans are so easy to train aren't they! I bet your dad is so glad they got you instead of a stinky old cat :)

River